Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Associating certain memories with music

Music creates memories. I love this/hate this. Most of the music I have accumulated over the years are associated with memories that I will always remember and have a special place for them. Every song is like a time line I can mark, where i know exactly how I was feeling and what I was doing and where I was. Does this happen to everyone? Music runs my memories, feelings etc...... I'm in love with sound and beats. By all mean's I'm not a music critic. I don't want to be a music producer. In fact my future career has nothing to do with music. But I can make a mean play list based on the event . I'm so precised where i can down the hours of what people would want next on the play list. When we had a party at the Alameda house in Portland I tried figuring in what time the party would start, when it would peak, and when it would die down. I'm not trying to brag or be "cocky". But I love figuring it out. What people are going to have good time listening to. Pandora has helped this obsession. They have helped me find new music through out the years.

Anyway back to the main topic I'm slowly trying to dissociate those memories with songs that I like to listen to on a regular basis. I lied about not wanting to make music apart of my career. I would love to be that person who sets up a play list for movies. Is there such a job? I'm not sure on that one but I would love to be that person. I love making play list for drives, parties, sad days, happy days. I even made a play list for a public transportation route I would take In Portland.

I listen to all kinds of music, but mostly what I listen to is Indie stuff and music with good beats. You can say a lot of music has good beats . So here is an example of what I'm trying to say

Ratatat
Passion Pit
CSS
The blow
The knux
Two door cinema club
Whit town
Owl City
Death Cab for Cutie - of course haha

but then it can switch to-

Motion City Soundtrack
Glass jaw
The Ready set
etc.............

The list goes on and on have a look at my I pod some time and you'll understand.
I'm sorry I have been going on and on......... My point is that I think everyone has this. The fact that music triggers memories.

P.s- Has anyone being listening to music with headphones on and you notice that the way people walk or the way a chain is hitting a pole in the wind is going with the beat of the song your listening to.? I love that.

I'll try and post new song on my play list on the blog page at least once a week for your ears.

Good night!

1 comment:

  1. I feel you on the music/memories you associate things and places in time with. For me, it always goes back to the band Pavement, but there are plenty others that come to mind as well.


    -Larry

    ReplyDelete

say thing's